The City of Canyon Lake contracts with the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department for police services. The contract provides for one deputy 24 hours per day and one community oriented policing and problem solving officer (C.O.P.P.S)
Police Department Statistics
Police Department Main Line (951) 210-1000
Police Department Non-Emergency Dispatch Line (951)776-1099 (Option 5)
POA or 9-1-1 ?
- Call 9-1-1 for anything that is an emergency or if you are in need of "immediate response" be it law enforcement or fire.
- The POA's independent sub contractor, Allied Barton Security, responds to rules and regulation violations not crimes.
- Allied Barton Security will not call the police or do a third party report. If you call Security first in the event of an emergency it will increase the time of the Canyon Lake Police Department.
- Neighbors who see suspicious behavior or parties that may be getting out of hand should call the Sheriff's Department on a hard line at 9-1-1.
- Note: If you need a Deputy Sheriff for "regular" public law enforcement services (duties regularly carried out by public officers) call the Sheriff's Department, not the POA for private security services.